Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dear George Clooney, Please Marry My Mom by Susin Nielsen

Dear George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom
Violet's life has been a mess ever since her dad left her mom for a younger woman with big boobs, and moved to LA. He's happily neglecting Violet and her sister for his new family in LA. Well, he was happy until Violet told her little half-sisters the cat turds in the sandbox were chocolates left by Santa. Meanwhile, back in Vancouver, money's tight, the house is falling apart, and Violet's mom has been dating a long line of losers.
When her mom starts dating a guy named Dudley Wiener, Violet decides it's time to step in and save her mother from herself. She's going to find her mom the perfect man, and who's more perfect for the job of Violet's new father than George Clooney? Violet's mom is a good catch, so convincing George Clooney to marry her shouldn't be too hard. Stopping the romance with Dudley Wiener? That might be.
I heard good things about this book when it came out, but didn't get around to reading it until now. Not every book lives up to its hype. This one did. I love it when that happens. I've put this book straight onto my fall booktalking list for when I go out to the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment